Please go to clinics tab to view Half Day Camp dates.
Half Day Defense Camps:
This camp is beneficial to any player, forward or defence, but the main focus of the skates throughout the week will be all defencemen specific drills. Players will learn how to correctly pivot, use tight turns to escape, work on passing properly, quick feet specific drills, how to angle properly, backwards skating, gap control and shooting.
Each day will consist of 2 hours on the ice and 75 min of off ice instruction including dry land training, team building, yoga and more! A healthy peanut free snack will be provided daily.
Half Day Goal Scoring Clinics:
What are GOAL SCORERS CLINICS all about? Through working with many players one on one and during private sessions I have developed some unique drills that focus on increasing a player’s ability around the net, essentially improving their ability to score. Before and at the end of every NHL practice players spend time to work on their individual game, specifically on areas of their own game that they need to improve. For the player who wants to work on their offensive game the drills that I will be running at the Scorers Clinics are the type of drills that they will not normally get in a normal team practice or skate. Each group will have their own individual net in their area of the ice. For the 1 hour Scorers Clinics the skate will be capped and players will be broken into smaller groups. These smaller groups allow me to work more individually with each player and give feedback on areas that need improvement. Each group will have their own instructor, in addition to myself on the ice. Players will work on the following:
· Quick release of the puck on using their forehand and backhand.
· Retrieving and passing pucks on their forehand and backhand.
· Stick handling in tight spaces using all areas of their stick.
· Players will learn how to misdirect oncoming checkers as they enter a corner to pick up the puck.
· Protecting the puck.
· Tight turns in the corner using misdirection to keep a defensive player on their toes.
· Shooting to score as they understand key areas of where to shoot as they come into the net.
· Increase a player’s foot speed high intensity foot speed drills.
· Increasing a player’s shot through proper technique.
· Teaching how to shoot from all areas (off front foot, coming in on the off wing, fake and push/pull, snap shot)
· Older players will work on slap shots.
· Tipping shots from the point.